The fascination of past eras
The history of the MARSTALL AM SEE is inseparably connected to the name of King Ludwig II of Bavaria. In the year of 1866, the king had the Marstall building constructed, within close proximity of Castle Berg that served him and the royal family as a summer residence. The ground floor (the present function hall) was the horse stable, the first floor accomodated the servants and the hay and grains were stored in the loft.
Historically, there is very little known about the use of the Marstall building after King Ludwig's death in 1886. There are no photographs, paintings or documents to speak of. This might be, because it was an annexe and did therefore not enjoy the attention as Castle Berg did. It is possible that the Marstall might have been empty for many decades or has been used as a storage space. With the ravages of time, the building was on the verge of falling into decay.
At the end of the nineties, the community of Berg began, in collaboration with the Höhne family to restore the Marstall building to its true original state and returned its sparkle of past times. Simultaneously, the building was refurbished from scratch and equipped with high-tech facilities. The foundation was laid for the utilization as an event location, private and business premises.